Siargao Satiation


The last "official summer" vacation I had in Siargao was in the late, 
Latin-Pop heydays of the 1990s. Those family-reunion kinds where I was tagged along and 
no liberty to roam around. I was back in 2007 for the wake & burial of my cousin (who had a brutal death in Davao same year), but I didn't consider that a vacation.

So fast forward a decade after, I find myself reacquainted with the sand roads, island aroma and algae bordering the seashore. And that signature General Luna shoreline smell had me nostalgic of me & my cousins strolling around then. 

This was day 1 (May 5) in General Luna, Siargao


You see, a semi-untouched Purok 2 in General Luna is still visible. 
Some resorts have sprouted to accomodate the growing number of tourists in the island.

You get around the island in a "habal-habal".

A number of resorts and pension houses are already walking distance in Purok 2; also some bars and restaurants/grill houses, kinda like Boracay already but you still get "peace and quiet" while on the road.



Kermit Surf & Dive EcoCamp
Rooms are below P1000 and it fits more than 2 people.
Very decent room interiors for a "camp" resort and a spacious bathroom!




Immediately after checking in, we went straight to Cloud 9 - the ULTIMATE surfer's haven - 
to see and experience some waves.
The perfect Sunday afternoon I must say, the right light & bright for a vacay and some surfing! 






Selfie for the stepping foot!








Photobomb much these Japanese surfer couple!





Surfer sandwich LOL


Aoi with Gianni, owner of Kermit EcoCamp













Sunset at The Boardwalk in Cloud 9


Here's a childhood memory I wanted to come back to first thing there: Mango and banana pancake 
from The Boardwalk resto.


Follow me on Twitter and IG:
yvescamingue



No comments:

Post a Comment

IDENTIFYERS

free counters